Social Skills Groups
Children on the spectrum typically have a harder time socializing with and relating to others. This can hinder them all life long with regards to making friends, employment, and many other areas of life. Guided social interactions and a safe environment can have a major impact on your child's future ability to socialize.
Social Skills Group Requirements:
1. Your child must be capable of working without 1:1 supervision. (To be determined by your BCBA.)
2. Your child must not emit behavior that would be disruptive in a group setting. (To be determined by your BCBA.)
3. Ages typically range from 10-18 for entry to these groups.
4. Enrollment in 1:1 sessions is not required to participate in Social Skills group.
5. Entry is contingent on assessment and approval by the assessing BCBA and the Director.